Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

sidebar panel location after 2.1 update

I recently updated to 2.1.11 and my side panel moved under the main discussion, instead of being to the right. You can see it at

http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussions/

I am using the VanillaPress2010 theme. Any idea how to move the panel back to the right of the discussion? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That theme is not compatible with 2.1. You will need to fix the default.master.php so the panel appears where it should. And also you will be missing new modules that came in 2.1

• Options

That's not good. Do we have a lists of compatible themes with 2.1?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

@nikonrumors said:
    That's not good. Do we have a lists of compatible themes with 2.1?

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-dont-work-in-vanilla-2-1

the problem is the list depends on people like you to add to it. If you don't then you know why the list is not complete. :grin:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thanks, I added the theme to the above thread and switched to a new theme.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

Some day it would be helpful if the incompatible plugins would be deleted from the addons so new people wouldn't inadvertently use them.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited September 2015

@peregrine said:
    Some day it would be helpful if the incompatible plugins would be deleted from the addons so new people wouldn't inadvertently use them.

If we had the option to mark an addon obsolete by the use of an archive button, where if 5 people mark it, it automatically gets moved to the 2.0 plugin archive. Or it could then have a second warning label making sure it is obsolete or has problems.... but we know people never read the labels or the readme.... those people should work for ikea...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

@vrijvlinder said
    If we had the option to mark an addon obsolete by the use of an archive button, where if 5 people mark it, it automatically gets moved to the 2.0 plugin archive. Or it could then have a second warning label making sure it is obsolete or has problems.... but we know people never read the labels or the readme.... those people should work for ikea..

The odds of that happening in the near future is non-existent.

Even manually moving to a "Broken Plugin" category seems near impossible..

I think having plugins and themes that don't work with the current version of vanilla (in the add-ons section) throw people for loops and reflects badly for Vanilla open source. But it might help steer people to the Vanilla Cloud.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    I think having plugins and themes that don't work with the current version of vanilla (in the add-ons section) throw people for loops and reflects badly for Vanilla open source. But it might help steer people to the Vanilla Cloud.

I agree 100% - I never had a problem with Wordpress running it for 8+ years. I am ready to abandon Vanilla and look for another solution - I just don't have the time to do this.