Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Any Flag and quote plugin available? [SOLVED]

htweet1htweet1 New
edited October 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Please can i possibly get the type of Flag and quote plugin used on this Vanilla forum? I will really appreciate your suggestions

Comments

• I would search the addons for Flagging

re: Quotes - this is asked frequently.

did you search?

and search for "Quotes" in the search box, or look on github.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• i have searched severally but none is compared to the one here on this forum

• Here is the plugin that is used on this forum.
    I don't know exactly which flagging plugin is used, but this one works very well.

• the Flagging Plugin comes with the core installation!
    Did you search in your dashboard?
    it is version 1.1.1

The concept to remember is this!
    If you want the same exact plugins that is on "This" forum, sign up for cloud services., If you want open-source plugins, use open-source plugins.

as far as quoting... this is the most recent version that works with 2.1.11

it is a newer version than posted above.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/233749/#Comment_233749

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine I know this might sound like a bad question, but how do you download files from GitHub? That is the only reason i do not have the latest version of the quotes plugin.

• I know this might sound like a bad question, but how do you download files from GitHub?

personally, I cut and paste each file in plugin if zip option is not available.

if there is a zip option you can download.

otherwise you need to cut and paste each individual file.

or git the whole git.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26822/a-git-github-primer

and extract it somehow.

• Thanks. I thought that is how you did it. I was just not sure.

• I think the bigger problem is exactly what you have noticed....

All the gyrations a user must go though to get an up to date working add-on from the add-ons section of vanilla. (sometimes only on gihub, sometimes plugin only works with old version of vanilla, sometimes only works with beta version of vanilla).

• @ytadvisors said:
    Here is the plugin that is used on this forum.
    I don't know exactly which flagging plugin is used, but this one works very well.

I have tried the quote plugin posted here. It was installed successfully. but when i click to use it, it scrolls down to the comment box below without including a sample of the comment to quote. Please what do i do to fix this?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

try the buttonbar add-on as your editor. it works with quotes.

post a screen shot of example problem

• Thank you @peregrine. The quote and flagging plugin suggested here are now working perfectly. It stopped working when i installed "seo companion" plugin. I disabled it now and the quote and flagging plugins are now working fine.

Thanks to you all