Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

clearing deleted plugins from database

I noticed a lot of deleted plugins littering my database. please how do i clear them?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You should not have any plugins in the database , do you mean settings ?

Just delete the settings from the plugin in the config.php

• yes. when i checked config.php, i found old plugins settings that i have disabled and removed. Please how do i know which removed plugins settings to clear and how to clear it?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

Please how do i know which removed plugins settings to clear and how to clear it?

post your config.php (remove any passwords and salts, etc.)

• we can try to help you with a cleaner config.php.

some of it is just common sense and a little bit of logic.

• then list any plugins you enabled and have disabled.

• some plugins do indeed write to the database and can leave tables and columns that are not necessary (but you would need to know how to use phpmyadmin and how to drop tables, and columns, as well as backup your database). All this things related to database can be found by google (backup sql database, drop column, drop table). If you are unfamiliar with databases, you might want to spend a few weeks studying or hiring a consultant.

short of that it will be hard to help you, since you are the one managing your forum and you know what you enabled, deleted, disabled. we can't begin to guess what you have done.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ok. Thanks. will try spend some time with it. hope to get it cleared rightly.

• maxyaegermaxyaeger New
    edited April 2016

I have a weird problem and it's my fault.

It's about the Editor plugin, i thought of editing the php file that holds the word "You can use Markdown in your post." i replaced that with my own custom message ex. Rules:

It worked fine but after 5 minutes i can no longer make ammendments using any plugin that uses an editor or post long dicussion everytime i press the SAVE or OK it just freeze for a while and then gives me err connection error.

I tried replacing the entire EDITOR plugin using the default files and it solved the problem.. BUT the weird part is every 5 or 10 minutes the Editor stops working , even updating my css thru css editor when i press save/ok it gives me connection error, but when i re-upload the entire fresh plugin again, it will start working, then after few minutes again it will stop...

hmmmm what could be the problem ? Did it write something to the database the plugin editor ? I've already checked my config and i cannot find a setting or option about the editor.

please advice, is my database corrupted ? can i delete any entry about the editor plugin ? i've already tried looking my tables using phpmyadmin but cant find which one has the editor plugin info.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@maxyaeger

Your problem may be that you failed to delete the .ini files from the cache folder. Your problem has nothing to do with this discussion

I have a weird problem and it's my fault.

Yes you need to follow protocol and post under that plugin specifically NOT post where ever you feel like it…. it does not help others when they read your post and their problem has to do with wanting to know how to delete settings from plugins in the config.php

• maxyaegermaxyaeger New
    edited April 2016

i'm sorry once again, i thought it was related to this post. Also that plugin comes pre bundled with vanilla, i didnt download it. Its the advance editor.

--
    update:
    after few hours it starts working again, so i guess its about the cache.