HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Related Threads Showing Up after Author Post

Using Vanilla Version 2.2b1

The Related Threads Table is showing up after the author's post not at the end of the discussion. Any idea on how I can fix this?

Tagged:

Comments

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

Can you provide a quick screen shot? Also, what theme are you using?

• I'm using a custom theme, but this is what it looks like in Bitter Sweet

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

not sure if this is what you want... but the change works in vanilla 2.1

2.2b1 is for testing by developers and not recommended for live forums per announcement.

try changing around line 458 or so in class.sphinxsearch.plugin.php

from

public function DiscussionController_AfterDiscussion_Handler($Sender) {

to

public function DiscussionController_AfterComments_Handler($Sender) {

if you want related threads after the last comment in the discussion.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

Thanks once again @peregrine ! I figured it had something to do with where that hook is placed. Apparently it changed in v2.1 to go from AfterDiscussion to AfterComments?

• Thanks... That worked! Any way to get it to show after the comment form?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

soulstrut said: Thanks... That worked! Any way to get it to show after the comment form?

Glad it worked for you.

there is not always a comment form. depends if user is logged in. something to keep in mind.

perhaps footer.

use eventi plugin and you can find all the events to trigger off of.
    then you can put related questions where you want and you can test yourself as well, takes all the question asking out of it.

someone put it in a panel - that seemed like the best idea to me. you can search for that discussion I suppose if you like that idea.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.