Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Typed comment disappears after member signs in. Comment has to be retyped to be posted.

ProsperProsper ✭✭
edited November 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just noticed that after typing comments, hits on "submit comment" button and signing in, already typed comment won't be posted but rather disappears. User has to retype comment again in other to post comment. Forum version in use is 2.1.13p1.
This will definitely annoy forum members and discourage from commenting.

Please is there a way to modify "CommentBeforeRegister" addon so that comment get instantly posted once member signs in? If possible comment get instantly posted after guest has registered and verified email to become forum member?

This is a wonderful addon for converting guests into members but needs twerking to be better.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This plugin doesn't work in 2.1 as it requires a function introduced in the 2.2 branch.

Sorry.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited November 2015

@hgtonight said:
    This plugin doesn't work in 2.1 as it requires a function introduced in the 2.2 branch.

Sorry.

Really? I have been using this plugin for a while now on version 2.1.11 until after updating to 2.1.13p1. I noticed that already typed comment in comment box disappears after member signs in instead of getting posted.
    Please is there a way to modify the plugin to work on version 2.1.13p1 and also on version 2.2?

Hm... maybe I astroturfed it a little bit.

the function stash doesn't exist in 2.1 but does in 2.2.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited January 2016

"CommentBeforeRegister" addon still clears typed comment after user logs in. User has to re-type comment again! Forum version is 2.2. Help is needed please.

• I'm still have this problem of typed comments disappearing when user signs in.
    Please I need help. Does any other person has this problem or is it only me? Vanilla version is 2.2.

• @hgtonight @peregrine @vrijvlinder @mtschirs - can anyone assist in solving this problem please?

• Anyone?
    @R_J ?

@Prosper you should be contacting @mtschirs as he wrote the code.

Search first

• @hgtonight - yes I tried my best contacting him (@mtschirs) but he never got back to me. Please @mtschirs if you are there, we need your help!

This is the biggest caveat with open source. You get the software for free, but you maintain it. mtschirs isn't obligated to support it.

Search first

• yes @hgtonight you are absolutely right.
    I can buy him coffee if he can help support the addon. If any other developer can assist that will be great too. Can you @hgtonight help?

Reviewing this code against 2.2 and I am not seeing how it would ever pick up the typed comment.

Search first

• This module seems to have been updated. However update did not solve problem. Thanks you so much for the update anyway.

• @Prosper said:
    This module seems to have been updated. However update did not solve problem. Thanks you so much for the update anyway.

I'm encountering the same, strange problem. Did you ever discover a solution?

• @MrCanadian - no solution to the problem yet! Can someone help?

• This problem has persisted for a very long time. The problem is "Typed comments" disappears after member logs in or registers. Please please, can someone fix this addon? The developer @mtschirs seems not available to help.

• @hgtonight - please can you help with this plugin?

• jobbatamjobbatam Batam New

no body here mr @Prosper :confounded:
    we waiting for anyone come here for solution and the best solution @mtschirs come here

• ProsperProsper ✭✭

@jobbatam - yea I don't know what has become of @mtschirs. He is a wonderful developer but unfortunately don't show up on vanilla community anymore.

• jobbatamjobbatam Batam New

he tired mr @Prosper :awesome:
    I waiting for this problem too, like you..