HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Display root categories as headings option

What is the reason behind this? It seems to display all the posts in the main category that are also in the sub categories. Does this have a negative or postive effect on seo? Will google penalize for duplicate content?

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

e.g. if you had multiple categories with subcategories.

with root categories as headings option

• First Root Category - you can't post in the root category it serves as a header

• Duplicate Post Category
      • Bump Category
    • Second Root Category - you can't post in the root category it serves as a header

• Regular Discussions
      • Bugs
      • Fritter

it is for laying things out without people posting in the root categories.

category can be dragged to indent or order in the dashboard.

(Drag and drop the categories below to sort and nest them.)

google doesn't penalize because you use root categories.

the way to have a good seo is to have good content on your forum, not through tricks.

Duplicate discussion found here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31132/display-root-categories-as-headings-option

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Hello, on my community forum using Vanilla Forums, this checkbox don't working :-1:

After check this, and cliking on "Save", the option as not being saved... Why ?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2016

@GabrielEnraged said:
    Hello, on my community forum using Vanilla Forums, this checkbox don't working :-1:

After check this, and cliking on "Save", the option as not being saved... Why ?

This is generally due to /conf/config.php not being writable, or it being cached.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.