Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Addon not working well on version 2.2

CommentBeforeRegister does not function well on Vanilla version 2.2. Click on comment field brings out an abnormally long signin popup window with numerous sigin/register link on it.
Please can someone or the developer @mtschirs update this awesome addon for vanilla version 2.2?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is probably a weird interplay between plugins. Try disabling all plugins but this one to see if it works.

If it does work, start enabling other plugins until the issue comes back.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight.
    I have disabled all addons/plugins and enabled only "CommentBeforeRegister" but issue was still there. Am I the only person having this problem? Anywaay, I think the problem is from the addon itself. Solution to this problem will be appreciated.

• Options

I am not sure as I have never used it myself. I just assumed it was working as expected. <.<

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited November 2015

@hgtonight. It is a good plugin for enticing guests to comment which makes them register.
    I guess the plugin needs some modifications to work well on vanilla version 2.2.
    I hope @mtschirs or someone else fixes this plugin.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

@Prosper said:

Click on comment field brings out an abnormally long signin popup window with numerous sigin/register link on it.

ok you disabled the plugins to test. smart idea.

I have to ask can you re-test on default theme or bittersweet theme without any other plugins enabled. and see if the issue occurs and does it occur on mobile theme only or both or not on mobile theme.

also are you testing with a certain editor, or buttonbar.

the more info you can provide the developer the better.

I know that you frequently use a premium or customized theme that often introduces complexities.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited November 2015

@peregrine - I have done the test as you suggested. "CommentBeforeRegister" addon still displayed erroneously as before. Please see attached screenshot for details. The default "Advance Editor" is in use.

• Options

Any help please?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I have no problem with that plugin. The code is very small and there is nothing that should interfere with the sign in form.

The social integration is also a plugin, by the way. So if you really want to test without other plugins activated, you should disable the "Sign in with somethings"

• Options
    ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited November 2015

I have disabled all social sign in and plugins and yet problem continues. This problem happens ONLY when user has not yet signed in as shown below but ok when user is signed in. See picture below.

• Options

But it does not happen when you simply click on the Sign In button?

• Options

@R_J - Yes it does not happen.

• Options

@R_J - I'm not sure if I understand your question. It only happens when I click on the text area of comment section to type comments just as the gif image shows above. This is when user has not signed in to the forum. The problem does not happen if user has already signed in on the forum.

• Options

You've said you've disabled all other plugins. I doubt that looking at your screenshot.

What I noticed is the following: for a short time before the sign in popup appears, there is the loading animation. This popup is overlayed by a second popup. You say it appears if you click in the comment section. That is not the plugins behavior. It would only appear if you click on the button.

• Options
    ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited November 2015

@R_J
    I have again from FTP disabled all installed plugins and changed theme to default "Bitter Sweet" theme and still problem continues. These are the characteristic of the problem as shown on the GIF image below.
    1. Issue started after upgrading to vanilla version 2.2
    2. Issue does not happen when I click on "Submit Comment" button which is good.
    3. Issue happens when I click on the text-box of comment area.

• Options

I am wondering if I am the only person that has this problem with "CommentBeforeRegister" addon.

• Options

It repeats the view 4 times when it mucks up?

Search first

• Options

I had the opportunity to look at it on the live system: it's really awkward. When you click on the comment box a "loading" popup appears and then another popup opens in the size of a normal sign in window and a few fractions of a second later, the content of the sign in windows doubles and a few fractions later, it becomes the 3x sign in window you can see on the screenshot.
    The first/original sign in remains in the background as an always loading popup.

The site is full of js files - Vanilla and third party ones. So I gave up debugging.

• Options

I still need help with this weird problem with "CommentBeforeRegister" addon on Vanilla version 2.2.

• Options

@Prosper said:
    I still need help with this weird problem with "CommentBeforeRegister" addon on Vanilla version 2.2.

I need assistance please.

• Options

Problem is solved.