Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Profile" Error Log Entries after Upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2

I had a bit of an issue the first time I attempted to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2, but the problem was two plugins: CloudFlare Support and Logger. Disabling them did the trick.

Post-upgrade, functionally, everything APPEARS to be working OK on my forum (http://www.smarthomehub.net/). But I was initiall getting errors in the log file that all have "profile" in common.

Here are the first ones I saw:

[Mon Nov 16 10:00:04 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:09 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:14 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:20 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:25 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:30 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:36 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:40 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:46 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile

While I tried to hunt the problem down, I did a quick server-side redirect of /htdocs/profile to /htdocs/forums/profile, which stopped those errors.

But then I saw these:

[Mon Nov 16 10:01:36 2015] [error] [client xxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile/steve
[Mon Nov 16 10:01:40 2015] [error] [client xxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile/system
[Mon Nov 16 10:01:48 2015] [error] [client xxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile/techguy
[Mon Nov 16 10:01:54 2015] [error] [client xxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile/towpro`

I emptied the cache (deleted the .ini files) and restarted apache, then the errors seemed to stop. I even removed the temporary server-side redirect, and the errors stayed gone.

So I'm reporting here just in case anyone else runs into this problem. Deleting the Vanilla cache files and restarting apache did the trick for me.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This looks like an issue with your server configuration in regards to rewriting URLs. Are you using Apache?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

it should be marked as a tip by the OP, it is solved and it is apache.

unless I am confused and you are digging deeper.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I am trying to dig deeper.

His server is trying to serve the profile file which doesn't exist. This means rewrites aren't working.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Happy to mark as a tip... how do I do so?

@hgtonight: Yes, using Apache. AFAIK, re-writes seem to be working. Restarting httpd and clearing the cache did the trick. If there was something wrong with the re-writes, wouldn't the problem persist?

Restarting your server would reload the config. Do you have some type of file caching that could have gotten corrupted?

Search first