Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

got no /utility/update folder

Hi, Where is this folder please ?
there is nothing like this in the vanilla-core-2-2.zip

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

@seal20 said: Hi, Where is this folder please ?
    there is nothing like this in the vanilla-core-2-2.zip

there is no folder./utility/update folder, and there should not be.

it is a function or method in applications/dashboard/controllers line 406.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/219687/#Comment_219687

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

ok, I have red the message indicates update was successful ...
    I can now read the homepage forum but Something has gone wrong when readind threads.
    I should have keep the 2.1 version ... :/

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

actually you would do very well if you read the readme in the core zip you downloaded.

it tells you how to troubleshoot.

you need to add debug to your config.php.

or look at troubleshooting steps here.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31153/tutorial-a-fool-proof-way-to-do-a-vanilla-upgrade-from-2-1-to-2-2

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    seal20seal20 New
    edited November 2015

thank you for your support.
    Here is what I see now :-1:

Fatal Error in DiscussionController.__get();
    DiscussionController->RequiredAdminPermissions not found.
    The error occurred on or near: /home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php

35:                 Deprecated('DiscussionController->CommentData', "DiscussionController->data('Comments')");
    36:                 return $this->data('Comments');
    37:                 break;
    38:         }
    39:         throw new Exception("DiscussionController->$Name not found.", 400);
    40:     }
    41: 
    42:     /**
    43:      * Default single discussion display.

Backtrace:

[/home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/plugins/GoogleCalendar/class.googlecalendar.plugin.php:53] DiscussionController->__get();
    [/home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:867] GoogleCalendarPlugin->Base_Render_Before();
    [/home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:780] Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandler();
    [/home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/library/core/class.pluggable.php:185] Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandlers();
    [/home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:263] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();
    [/home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:263] DiscussionController->render();
    [/home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:263] DiscussionController->index();
    [/home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:329] PHP::call_user_func_array();
    [/home/users2/v/virtualpres/www/vanillaforum/index.php:44] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

• Options

Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
    Application Version: 2.2
    PHP Version: 5.6.13
    Operating System: Linux
    Server Software: Apache/2.2.29
    Referer: http://virtualpres.phpnet.org/vanillaforum/index.php?p=/
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
    Request Uri: /vanillaforum/index.php?p=/discussion/60/portraits-de-coworkers
    Controller: DiscussionController
    Method: __get

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

disable your googlecalendar plugin and see if you have errors

then if your errors go away when you disable above plugin

you might want to go to the plugin page and choose ask question and post your error there amd maybe developer can solve it for you when they have time.

• Options
    seal20seal20 New
    edited November 2015

OK thank you very much, disactivate googlecalendar, then /update, it is ok now ! :)
    Many thanks
    Reagrds

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

@seal20 said:
    OK thank you very much, disactivate googlecalendar, then /update, it is ok now ! :)
    Many thanks
    Reagrds

glad you are satisfied.

don't forget to turn off debugging in config.php