Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Import emails from database

Hey guys, is there a way to import some kind of file from my vanilla admin that has email data from my user registrations?

Comments

• Not sure I follow, emails aren't actually stored. What sort of data do you need?

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

maybe he is talking about "exporting" the email field from the user table for all users.

if so phpmyadmin and select fields from user table and export

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    maybe he is talking about "exporting" the email field from the user table for all users.

if so phpmyadmin and select fields from user table and export

Exactly, thanks.. yea I know I can do it with phpmyadmin, just wondering if there was any other ways or plugins.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

sure you could do it via plugin. I'm not going to write it (but someone else could) or you could easily. but that would require a bit of effort (searching and reading docs), if you have the time. A week or two of non-instant gratification.

look at the select statement in other plugins (look at the model) and write out retrieved data to a file or manipulate as you want.

if you want to flood your users with email, there are a couple of discussions in the archive (you just need to search).

last time I looked the cleanser program did that as well.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• why wouldn't you want to do do in sql? it is the perfect for that. You haven't stated use case. Is this for some sort of newsletter?

You might make some exporter in vanilla as a pluign, then if done badly it gets attacked and jackpots everyone's email.

grep is your friend.

• Ideally I would like a file sent to me on a daily basis of all the new users that signed up with the email field. If anyone can do this for me (paid of course) please let me know.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

what type of registration do you do?

and do you really need a digest.

you could write a shell script that is executed by cron. that selects email address from user table based on the day and have it mail you the list.

not very complicated. probably lots of sample scripts to email something

and the

sql would be selecting the "Email" column from the user table where date of DateFirstVisit is equal to today.

you could find a simple sql script via googling

• if you wanted a plugin, you would need to execute it and be logged in.

so in that case you could just use the memberslist enhanced plugin and click on Firstvisit and you have a bird's eye view.

why do you want the email addresses each day? what do you plan to do with them.
    if just to view it is already there.