Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Some control on Yaga user reactions?

steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
edited November 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,
I think it would be nice to have some control on Yaga user reactions. Because now user can react each user message on discussion, on this way someone can raise false evaluation.

Could be a limit to the user? What do you thinking about?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Some type of flood protection?

Or are you worried about negative reactions?

I highly suggest not giving negative reactions to users, at least initially, to combat abuse. You can set this up via Ranks fairly easily. Require a permission for the reaction (advanced section of the edit [re]action form). Then award the permission via a rank perk.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

it would also be a good idea to prevent a reaction from being removed after 24 hours.

Since that is another way of gaming. award some points to someone, than sneakily remove them later. No one will notice if you do it after someone else awards points.

get 6 awesomes by someone else remove the 4 awesomes you gave via a sneak. user gets 2 points.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine dijo:
    it would also be a good idea to prevent a reaction from being removed after 24 hours.

Since that is another way of gaming. award some points to someone, than sneakily remove them later.

I according to not removed after 24 hours.

• Options
    edited November 2015

@hgtonight dijo:
    Some type of flood protection?

Or are you worried about negative reactions?

I highly suggest not giving negative reactions to users, at least initially, to combat abuse. You can set this up via Ranks fairly easily. Require a permission for the reaction (advanced section of the edit [re]action form). Then award the permission via a rank perk.

Yes, it flood protection and if someone creates new account only for yours reactions.
    With the limitation of Ranks you mean not leave time x to react New user?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@steam said:

With the limitation of Ranks you mean not leave time x to react New user?

You can prevent new users from using reactions until their account is x days old. Then you could prevent members from accessing negative reactions until the have y points.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.