Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cannot post an information Message

I get this "There was an error performing your request. Please try again." when I try to post an information message on my board.

Tagged:

Comments

• @BazzaE73 said:
    I get this "There was an error performing your request. Please try again." when I try to post an information message on my board.

this can happen if things are busy. I get this all the time on this forum,

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• My forum is far from busy :/

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

when you run utility update does it show successful?

if ir was an update you did.

maybe this will provide clues.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31153/tutorial-a-fool-proof-way-to-do-a-vanilla-upgrade-from-2-1-to-2-2

check error logs as well.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• It seems that having sql strict mode off solved the problem :)

• raykairaykai New
    edited May 2016

im getting the same error on v2.2.1 new install no plugins.

is it safe to have sql strict mode off ? i did not know it was required.

my logs are all clean... so i don't know whats going wrong.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@raykai said:

It shouldn't be required, but it'd be helpful if you could turn it off so we can narrow down if that's what's causing the issue.

• @Linc said:

@raykai said:

It shouldn't be required, but it'd be helpful if you could turn it off so we can narrow down if that's what's causing the issue.

i can confirm that by having sql strict mode off works .... im using MySQL 5.7

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Thanks!