Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changing size of 'leave a comment' iframe

I would like to make the comment frame larger to make it easier to post longer comments.
I can't find which php module generates that code, or see it in any css files.
Suggest either making it settable in the config.php file, or make the iframe draggable to enlarge.

Best Answers

Answers

• Thanks!
    It looks like user draggable resizing has to be in client-side code- that is beyond my current pay-grade.
    So I simply edited vanillaforum/themes/bittersweet/design/custom.css to include
    iframe{ min-height:400px; }
    I am not sure if this breaks the rules re modifying base code, but it gets me up and running.
    Learning as I go.

• Thanks, will give that plug-in a go.

• @RAANZ said:
    Thanks, will give that plug-in a go.

Works a treat- thanks.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@RAANZ said:
    Thanks!
    It looks like user draggable resizing has to be in client-side code- that is beyond my current pay-grade.
    So I simply edited vanillaforum/themes/bittersweet/design/custom.css to include
    iframe{ min-height:400px; }
    I am not sure if this breaks the rules re modifying base code, but it gets me up and running.
    Learning as I go.

Well I would recommend also using the ID or class for the specific iframe or textarea because otherwise that size will affect all iframe or textareas the same and you may not want that. Other than that, you are doing good.

• Well I would recommend also using the ID or class for the specific iframe or textarea

Understood.
    I tried that withiframe.cleditorMain{.....}but it does not work, whereas straight iframe{...} does.
    As far as I can see the target iframe is a member of the cleditorMain class, as it has no specific ID or class defined for it?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Glad Glad to know that you used cleditor my favorite editor and I actually did write a bunch of CSS for styling the hell out of it and everything not just the size of the box so I can surely give you some pointers maybe tomorrow when I get a chance I will put them together for you and see if they work for you too. You must know that cleditor uses two text areas one for rich text which is iframe and one for HTML which is textarea.