Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is there any way to include post attachments in the email notification?

I'd love to have the email notifications that go out to subscribed users include any attachments that were included on the post.

I've dug around a bit in the source code but couldn't see an easy way to do this. I was able to turn on the comment body in the emails with this code in my config.php:

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Activity']['ShowCommentBody'] = true; $Configuration['Vanilla']['Activity']['ShowDiscussionBody'] = true;

But I can't find any way to have the email also include any attachments.

If that's not possible, it would be great if I could at least automatically include some sort of text like "this message has 2 attachments" when there are attachments.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

It is not possible to include the attachments.

It would be difficult to add the text "this message has 2 attachments" without modifying core files as the notification queue is a private member.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.