Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Release] LatestBlog 1.0 Beta

edited February 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Allows your users to have their 5 latest blog posts on their profile

Version History:
0.1 - First Public Beta
1.0 Beta - Included KSES HTML filtering as well as a parser rewrite with Magpie RSS. This allowed support for ATOM and MySpace RSS.

Official Support and Bugs Topic

This Project is abandoned, if anyone wants to pick this project back up again, please Whisper me.

Comments

• Options
    Haven't tried this yet; is it possible to direct the blog posts to (create) discussions and/or direct all of them to a single named discussion instead of the user's profile page? Is that something you want to do at some point?

Partly, I'm thinking the profile page is not the most visible place for this. OTOH, I suppose on a forum with 1000 members, one wouldn't want 1000 discussion threads created. Was this latter consideration a factor in choosing the profile page as a design point for the extension? Is my feature idea basically dumb? (Yes is an acceptable answer ..).
  • Options
    Are you suggesting that there is a specific topic say 'bdudes blog posts' that has the latest posts? Well this extension is in a similar vein to the flickr and digg extensions in allowing users to extend their profile, to be able to say more about themselves in their profile, because that's what a profile is. At the moment, I don't think I'll code this however this is GPL so if anyone wants to do it, please do.
  • Options
    When I enable it (this new version) and look at a user profile that has an RSS feed, I get this error:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class rsscache in /home/user/public_html/extensions/LatestBlog/magpierss-0.72/rss_cache.inc on line 19
    Ideas?
  • Options
    I'm having some problems with the character encoding. In the previous version everything was alright.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    These bugs should be fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    When I tried an RSS 2.0 feed from my wordpress blog, it wouldn't show any entries. However I tried the rss 0.92 feed from wordpress and it worked but with errors in the header: Notice: Undefined variable: output in /vanillapath/extensions/LatestBlog/default.php on line 79 I commented out lines 76 and 78 and it's working for me now. I should also mention that this add-on is missing a </ul> at the end. After the } on line 46 of default.php, I got it working with: $insert .= "</ul>"; Edit: Now the rss isn't working after adding a few other add-ons. I think there are too many add-ons trying to use magpie and only the first one to get there does it right while anything after dies.
  • Options
    Yeah, that is a problem because magpie internally creates variables using the same name. when they should be using $this->cache = new Cache; or extending the class. Maybe we can get an RSS class internally in Vanilla?
  • Options
    Any news on the character encoding problem? Or perhaps a pointer to how to fix it? Thanks for a useful and cool add-in!
  • Options
    I have no time for this project anymore, if anyone wants to pick it up, please Whisper me
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    There is a closing "ul" missing in default.php. Add $insert .= "</li>\n"; below line 44. Btw. nice extension!
This discussion has been closed.