Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Attachments 2.0 Beta

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
The day has finally arrived! I'm releasing Attachments 2.0 for you to test!!
It's the Attachments core! It doesn't have any bling bling. It just does the job: upload an attachment to you discussions/comments. The core is single file upload only.

Download: ***** Removed, Attachments 2.0 is now available *****

Only works with Vanilla 1.0.1 !!!

Keep in mind that it's BETA. List any bugs you find.

Features:
- Now uses a table to store attachment info!
- Upload validation before discussion/comment save
- Fully extendible with extensions!!
- Adds two new permissions: Add Attachments and Manage Attachments
(don't forget to enable them, else you won't be able to upload anything and you would think the attachment doesn't work :P)

Notes:
- Vanilla 1.0.1 (It won't work with the official Vanilla 1 release!!!)
- Create an upload directory and change permissions to 777
- It's not compatible with Attachments 1.4. Please use a clean vanilla install for testing

Todo:
- Edit title and description for attachments
- Save application-types/filetypes to config file (it's in the settings-tab, but it doesn't save yet :P)
- Conversion script to import attachments from Attachments 1.4

The following functionality will be released as extensions for Attachments 2.0:
- Inline images
- Thumbnailing
- Download counter
- Filebrowser tab which lists all uploaded files
- Search files
- User quotas
- User albums/file repository

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2006
    Thank you Jazzman, I will try to test it as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Looks beautiful.

Cannot wait until we can see a Thickbox extension for this addon. :D
  • Options
    Wow! What a feature list! I especially like "Filebrowser tab which lists all uploaded files". But will that mean you have to install filebrowser? Simplicity is a blessing!
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    wow, incredible extension ! I already love the javascript effect thumbnail > image. Translation is easy. Thanks.
  • Options
    Does this fix the issue with files that have spaces in them?
  • Options
    Only works with Vanilla 1.0.1 !!!

???

when did 1.0.1 come out ?
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    its available via SVN only i believe. There'll probably be a minor version update (i.e. official 1.0.1) sometime soon.
  • Options
    Just added a couple of delegates, right?
  • Options
    holy shmoly downloaded this and bugu errors all over,its amazing how some work perfect right fromt the start and others end up with error message
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    This one is beta :) I'll remove it from the post. Download the one from the add-ons repository
  • Options
    whats the difference between the attachment ext and inline image extension ?
    so far I can not see any image after I upload it, not sure if its evey being uploaded
    no error message this time so that's a good thing ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Any particular reason you cant just wander over to the 'Attachments 2.0 and Inline Images 1.0' discussion to fnd the answers to your questions? Especially when you've already been there. I'm guessing perhaps "I've released the new and improved Attachments 2.0 which now uses a SQL table to store attachment information. You can import your old attachments with just a click on a button. Inline Images is the first of many which is an extension for Attachments 2.0. It will display all uploaded image attachments and resize them on the fly if they exceed a maximum width. Users can also display those images inside their comments by using an image tag (e.g. [Image_123])." wasnt a sufficient explanation?
  • Options
    oh snap
  • Options
    the reason I ask is that i'm not seeing anything, the upload button is there but when you save the comment there's no attachment so I wasn't sure what's what, yea I should have asked in the appropriate place but when I see more than one topic with similiar title I go spastic and get confused ;-)
  • Options
    Do you have vanilla 1.0? I remember you had problems to installed vanilla 1.0.1.
  • Options
    i have 1.0.1 and 2.0 attachments
  • Options
    Did you use Safari?
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    bugsmi0: "I got mine working, I did the opposite of the upgrade instructions
    "i copied over my existing important folders into the new file dir and it worked like a charm"

http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3415/#Item_24

Which important folders have you copy over the update?
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    yes Safari, I just deleted the old one and added the new then enabled it

Dinoboff, that thing I did in that post was refering to upgrading to Vanilla 1.0.1 not any extension
    I was saying there that's how I got my upgrade to work, I uploaded the new Vanilla then added my old important files to that, conf, themes, etc
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    This is what I wanted to know. Which old themes folders have you put back?
    If it is "themes/" that might be the problem. You wouldn't have the new delegations added to the default template files (Attachment 2.0 use new delegations, but I am not sure they are in the themplate files).