Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vote 1.0

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help

Vote 1.0

For screen shots and download please go here
This is my first Add-on - so please keep that in mind!
Please list any bugs or feature requests here.

Features:
- Add Voting to any Discussion
- Voting is permission / role based
- Easy to customise by changing the style and image

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2006
    Good idea. I will try as soon as possible.

You should add it to the addon repertory
  • Options
    err why are there empty folders in there? i assume you edited a original mod but you should get rid of them
  • Options
    ok i know why, you have not included all the database files and such.
  • Options
    uh oh - sorry we'll upload a new one tomorrow

Ed (Ross's colleague @ CitySafe)
  • Options
    ok new version uploaded :) sorry about that
  • Options
    so if you vote on a discussion, then it ranks/orders it in some fashion or does it simply displays the results? nice work.
  • Options
    yeah... the right extension - at the right moment:
    http://www.coolr.de/discussion/148/design-the-coolr-header/

THX!
  • Options
    I like this one better...
    Coolr
  • Options
    is there a way that you can alter this to allow people to vote on the thread as a whole? also, it would be cool if they were able to change their votes as the thread progressed and the average amount of stars showed up in the discussion list during that time.
  • Options
    Thank you!! I've been waiting for this one for ages. Since it's just the first version, I have no complaints because you've done a great job with it. I hope you continue to develop this one. :)
  • Options
    Nice extension! A very great enhancement would be to automatically collapse comments with low ratings (like digg comments, for example). Thanks for your work!
  • Options
    @outbreak: yeah it would be cool show a per-discussion average (but only counting the comments that have been rated)
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    How can I remove the text under the Stars ? I want only the stars and no text. >:) Is there a way to make it default ON on any comments ?
  • Options
    Ross, thanks a lot for this! A lot of us have been dying for an extension like this. Although I do have a request that was mentioned before, I would much rather like to allow ratings on the thread as a whole, not a specific comment. If you could add that, it'd be perfect! Thanks again
  • Options
    Looks very nice. Would be great to have a Vote on Discussion. I was thinking of changing your add-on to allow ONLY the comment poster to vote, but that is only a half-way solution. The votes would still need to be added up, and it would look messy. Anyway many thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry for the silly question, but can someone explain to me what this extension does? It seems to put a star rating on every comment inside a discussion. My little brain is not quite being capable of working out how this is supposed to be used... Many thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    It's basically for voting on a comment - a nice way of rating those comments from 1 to 5. For example, I run a forum for poets. Every week (or thereabouts) we run a challenge - we open a discussion that everyone posts a poem into. Everyone that posts has to vote on everyone else's poem in the thread. I think I saw someone else using it to allow members of his forum to vote on different versions of a new header image for the forum (see earlier messages in this thread...)
  • Options
    @jsamlarose: thank you for the explanation! :) A couple more questions, then: once I vote on a comment: a) does it remember that I already voted? b) does it 'lock' my vote in, or am I allowed to change it? c) does it display the 'average' result of everyone who has so far voted on that comment? - or am I allowed to see only MY own vote? And last of all: d) if a discussion is CLOSED - ie, no more comments are allowed to be added - can people *still* vote on the existing comments?
  • Options
    *bump* I am reluctant to install this extension in my running Forum, as I know it will add tables to the database. I do apologise for asking so many questions, but I am hoping that someone might be able to provide me with a little more information, to help me decide whether this add-on is right for me. The link from STE7130 takes us to a page where I see no voting features at all. Unfortunately, my German is not good enough to work out if I should be doing something in order to see voting results, or not. Would anyone be able to provide some answers to the questions above? - I'd be very, very grateful! :)
  • Options
    a) does it remember that I already voted? YES b) does it 'lock' my vote in, or am I allowed to change it? LOCKED c) does it display the 'average' result of everyone who has so far voted on that comment? - or am I allowed to see only MY own vote? SHOWS AVERAGE d) if a discussion is CLOSED - ie, no more comments are allowed to be added - can people *still* vote on the existing comments? NOT SURE
This discussion has been closed.