Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New forum! Please come

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
hey, i have set up a forum for forum moderators and well users too. It would be great if you could come on register and post. To help me get things started. I would be forever grateful. http://www.forummods.net Thanks, i also have a plan for some small contests for fun really. Try your hand as a forum moderator, users sign up and about 4 get selected. They choose a sub url off forummods.net. I put vanilla on all of them and give them ftp access or something. Then they have to get members and as many posts and such as possible. The forums will be monitored to ensure that they are not cheating say suddenly 1000posts appear. The winner may get some sponsored prizes (if i can get a sponsor) and they will get the mysql dump of the other competitors forums as the end to use for their own site setup. Then redirections will be put in place to the makers own site for the next month or so. The other forum people can watch the forums grow and such. However i need to get the forum active before i do that.

Comments

• nice theme!
  • Have you considered the legal implications of offering SQL dumps as a prize? Have you read your countries online privacy protection act. Unless your users signed up to your forum with the knowledge that they would be the bounty, you should not be offering their information. Of course if you live on an island state in Micronesia you may be allowed to.

Besides the legality, it is plain unethical, and will foster a great dislike for yourself especially since you are trying to attract forum moderators not typically a technically challenged lot.
  • edited August 2006
    mmm i could give the competitors their own mysql dump its no different to backing up and moving it. Oh well ignore that idea for now untill i find a way. will anyone post?
  • I get an "MyBB Error", when directing to the URL.
  • Yeah. It's dead.
  • yeah i had a sudden change of heart :P thought i may not use vanilla for this. Doesnt fit the job really.
  • ok its properly up now and everything, however not using vanilla.
This discussion has been closed.