Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Guest sign in message vs guest welcome message extension

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
why are there two ? seems like they both do the same thing, I have double message in my side panel

another great reason why one extension maker (EM) should be in charge of one extension category vs multiple of the same ;-)

Comments

• edited August 2006
    They are not meant to both be used at the same time.

One is just a message with text, the other is a form. Compare:

imageimage

• i have an extra one of these above the login form

Welcome, Guest
    Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

guess I'll disable one
  • That text is part of the guest sign in. Someone requested it, and I didin't bother editing the image after adding it.

You can change it to whatever you want by editing the extension.
  • I recently modified Mark's Guest Welcome Message extension to apear as a notice. Is there any intrest of this as a an additional extension?

notice
  • Great idea. But can you enable a way to easily modify 'Howdy Pardner!' ;-)
  • I could maybe try to figure out how to create an admin area, but my knowledge of that is limited to say the least. At the moment it uses the same code that Mark originally set up. It's pretty self explanatory.
This discussion has been closed.