Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Automatic Extension Updater ?

edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
No so much a request but a thought,

how about an automatic updater for the extensions inside settings that would know right away if there is a new release/version and it would automatically update it,

yea I know sounds like firefox lol what a brilliant idea ;-)

Comments

• It's in the works for the future, mark just didnt have time to work it all out and get it set up in time for the release of v1 which he was eager to get out.
  • I don't think it could actually update your copy, that would be too much of a security risk.
    It'd be more like the Vanilla update check, it would just tell you which extensions have newer versions avaliable.

Maybe, remove the need for an extra click, have it built into the extension page so outdated ones have a little red icon that links to the Add-Ons site page for that extension.
  • Search is your friend, bugsmi0

Those threads should help answer most questions.
  • well I usually search my ass off before I post but then when you see 10,000 topics and comments you don't have time to go read all of them I do try though ;-) I dont' think these came up in my search
This discussion has been closed.