Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

style/theme problems.

edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ive recently been trying to move my forum to a new domain. I have been having problems with the move something wrong with the conf/settings.php file im pretty sure but havent figured it out. I decided to upgrade to 1.0.1 and just move my conf and themes folder from the previous domain. This hasnt been working well luckily I still have the forum active in the previous domain except now I have no styles/themes on either site. Is this because I have two of the same forums hitting one database? Id like to get it working on the new domain but id rather have it up and working in one of the two places as its not working on either one now. No error messages or anything. I can provide any info just let me know what I should be looking at or I can post a copy. Any help would be appreciated.

old domain: http://ideji.net/mechazoid
new domain: http://mechazoid.com

Comments

• Options
    The style information is kept in the database. If you look at it directly you'll notice it's probably pointing to a directory on the old server which doesnt make sense given the change in configuration. Look into the database under the LUM_Style table and update any paths in there as necessary and let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    DB is on the same server/host just moving from sub dir to full domain. I will look under that DB and report back.
  • Options
    updated the path and now the old site is back up and working fine. So to move it intact to the new domain id have to shut down the other instance before the new one will work fine?
  • Options
    Well did you update the details to point to the style/theme folder for the new site? You should be able to get that one working fine regardless of whether the other is still there?
  • Options
    they are both using the same database but have different paths I will try making the DB change for the new site and see how that goes.
  • Options
    YAY! everything is moved and working well except for some extensions even managed to upgrade to 1.0.1 in the process. Thanks mini for your help much appreciated.
  • Options
    No probs.
This discussion has been closed.