Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Latest Posts Integration

edited February 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm about to upload this extension, so i'm creating this discussion for bug reports, comments etc.
It alows you to integrate latest forum posts into your web page with javascript ..
Direct rip of Marks RSS extension :) enjoy

link

Comments

• Options
    Looks great, will install soon. In my continuing quest for still tighter and more informative integration:

1. Any chance of grabbing the first 'n' characters of the first post in a discussion as a configuration option?

That could look like so, using this discussion as an example:

Latest Posts Integration
    I'm about to upload this extension, so I'm creating this discussion for bug reports, reports ... (scip) (9-24-06)

2. Any chance of grabbing the first 'n' characters of the current (most recent) post in a discussion as a configuration option?

Latest Posts Integration
    Looks great, will install soon. In my continuing quest for still tighter and more informative integration ... (russlipton) (9-24-06)

3. Any chance of grabbing the first 'n' characters of the current post for a desired contributor(s)? If me ...

Latest Posts Integration
    Looks great, will install soon. In my continuing quest for still tighter and more informative integration ... (russlipton) (9-24-06)

Dreaming of the killer integration plugin ....
  • Options
    i don't know why i didnt add that 'first post' grab right away .. guess I didnt need it :) just updated extension ... also added charset option; may come in handy; i'm done with this plugin for now .. working on another one .. cya
  • Options
    Would there be a way to add this to our Wordpress blogs? I can post php in the side bar, but can't seem to get this to work. http://gliving.tv/greenchefs/thesource/
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    what's the problem ?!? read ReadMe.txt : =================================== INTEGRATE LATEST POSTS TO A WEB PAGE =================================== Edit tamplate.php to suit your needs and add this to your web page: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yoursite.com/forum/index.php?Feed=LatestPosts"></script> just add this javascript line to your wordpress template or whatever .. change the link of course to point to your forum + ?Feed=LatestPosts ** people just won't read ReadMe files ... we need to rename them :)
  • Options
    Can this pull latest posts from a specific category or categories?
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    if i'm not mistakin' it should from one specific category .. try for example : <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yoursite.com/forum/index.php?Feed=LatestPosts&CategoryID=2"></script> it's not possible to define more specific categories at once .. i'll note it for version 2.0 ..
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    A speed increase of somekind would be great. it takes a while to pop up on my website which then slows down the proceeding sidebar items
  • Options
    One of my installs of Vanilla, users are only able to access 2 discussions. How could I have it so that it lists the most recent comments, rather then post names?
  • Options
    Does it take a while for this extension to get its info from the database?
    Nothing appears on the page, there's the expected brief delay while it does its stuff, then nothing.
    I do have the correct path...
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://path.to/forum/index.php?Feed=LatestPosts"></script>...no errors, but no latest posts either :-(

Posted: Wednesday, 6 December 2006 (AEDT)

• Options
    I have been using the latest post integration for sometime now but was wondering if there is a way to grab the latest post in a topic instead of the first post?
  • Options
    Ok, have a really big problem. I just installed a new extension RelNoFollow 1.3 for inserting the "nofollow" tag throughout the forum. Now this extension will not work and I am wondering how to fix the problem.

I love both extensions and would hate to have a trade off.
  • Options
    can i have two scripts on one page with different templates?
  • Options
    is there a way i can exclude some category?
  • Options
    Why it isn't working when i change template name in default.php ? and of course rename template
This discussion has been closed.