Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla is not getting directed to the index.php

edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
If you could, please tell me how to fix this problem. Go to our forum. www.am-eagle.com/vanilla/index.php Then go to catagories and select a catagory. Any catagory. I should give you a "Directory Access Denied" because it isn't adding the index.php to the link address prior to the "?catagoryID=1" Even in the link info at the bottom it doesn't include "index.php" How do I get it to work properly? Thanks Steven

Comments

• Options
    Put a .htaccess file in your root vanilla folder and inside it write:
    DirectoryIndex index.php

Should do the trick. I think.
  • Options
    Where exactly do I put the line. I tried it at the bottom and it didn't fix the problem. Swasster
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited October 2006
    sometimes changes to .htaccess require up to half an hour to start working on shared servers.
  • Options
    Really? Werd.
  • Options
    I am new to using Vanilla, I managed installing the application and everything seems to work fine. The URL looks like this http://forum.mydomain.net I have edited the ‘.htaccess’ file with the following entry “DirectoryIndex index.php” and have placed it in the root folder. conf/settings.php has the following entries. $Configuration['COOKIE_DOMAIN'] = 'www.forum.mydomain.net'; $Configuration['COOKIE_PATH'] = '/forum/'; The issue I am facing is, when an ‘administrator’ or a ‘user’ signs-in to the Sign-In page, you are taken to the root directory ‘Index of /’ and sometimes you are taken to ‘people.php’ where it shows the following two options. Option 01 - Click here to continue to the discussions. This has a link http://forum.mydomain.net and takes you to the to the root directory ‘Index of /’ Option 02 - Click here to continue to the categories. This works as it should, and it takes you to the category page. I have searched through the forum, I am not sure if I have missed out anything. Could someone help me fix this for me, please?