Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A hidden and then unhidden message - how do I make it viewable again?

3stripe3stripe ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
QUESTIONS: I hid, and then unhid a message at http://www.clubtng.com/vanilla/comments.php?DiscussionID=3&page=1 but I still can't view the message contents, how can I get them back!?

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    explain, do you mean hid as in marked hidden, or whispered.
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    marked hidden... so now I can't even see the 'edit' link?
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    When you unhide it, and go back to discussions, it's still hidden? even after a hard refresh?
  • I can see the message title in discussions. Once clicked, I can see the title, but not the conents, instead there is a couple of zeros, seperated by hairlines. Hiding and unhiding seems to work, but the actual contents of the post have dissappeared, I can't even see the edit button!
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    weird, I'd leave this one to mark once he's sober :D I'm a little too buzzed to make a formulated assesment.
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    fixed! the thread had somehow lost it's message body.... hence the zeros... as there were no messages. manged to force post in a new message using a url... and then tried hiding it again out of interest, back to square one. if you hide the only message in a thread, there is no way to escape the black hole you end up in, as all the edit options are hidden??
This discussion has been closed.