Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Move over Vanilla Ocean, competition has arrived

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
This isn't a complete theme as of yet, nor has any coding begun, but this is what my aim is going to be. The main purpose of this screenshot is to generate ideas on what people like/dislike about it.

Comments

• Thats really nice Chris! But I can't help but ask what has competition got to do with it?
  • It's just a saying that i've used because i haven't thought of a name for it yet, and Ocean was the last theme (kudos to Jazzman ;) ). The discussion name is something more interesting than 'new theme... need ideas...'
  • Yep I agree! No Problem :)
  • I'm an electric blue hater ;-). Makes my eyes ache. Maybe you could offer several color choices using the same structural design?

Otherwise, I very much like the design so far, including featured authors. If that is an add-on, I've missed it. The ability for an admin to choose on several criteria would be neat.

I would love to have the discussion filters under the log-in (or at least participated, bookmarked and your discussions) instead of discussions started and comments added.

The featured authors thingie makes me conceive of a feature I would love - click on a comment and show the user's profile in that second panel .... even better if one could also link-find their initiated discussions and/or comments from that panel as well. In my communities, this would encourage more commenting (I think) and some direct contact with various post-ers.
  • I personally think that looks rather lovely, if it's any consolation I love the colours! :-)
  • Vanilla Sky!
  • Already exists i think.
This discussion has been closed.