Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Double Post Killer?

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have a forum, in which a couple of users like to double post instead of just editing their last one... to me and many others this is very annoying. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to prevent double posting and even display a message. I dont care if it is an extension or not...

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Threaten them with banishment.
  • Options
    LOL What about asking them not to do it? Maybe they just don't know they can edit posts.
  • Options
     Quote: Corso  What about asking them not to do it? Maybe they just don't know they can edit posts.
    Spot on mate. I had that problem, the user did not know she could edit the existing one.
  • Options
    they know how to edit, they just dont seem to think that it would be neater, and easier to do so. I was just wondering if there was a way to stop them from doing it or at least have a pop up message tell them that in the future they should edit their previous post
  • Options
    bump... sorry bout the double.... does anyone else have any ideas, more ppl are telling me on my forum that ppl who double post need a punishment
  • Options
    Give em the douchebag role, ahaha.
This discussion has been closed.