Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Google and Vanilla

fmimosofmimoso
edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've developed two sites from scratch. New domains (.com), different hosting companies. Both are forums: one is Vanilla, the other is PunBB. The Vanilla one has some content, 28 discussions. The PunBB has 3 topics in it, that is, no content at all... I've submited the sitemap of the Vanilla one to Google 15 days ago. Still not indexed. I've submited the sitemap of the PunBB to Google 6 six after. It's indexed. Now, why would this happen? Because less content = faster indexing, or is it because PunBB is more Google friendly than Vanilla? How long did it take for your Vanilla Forum to get indexed by Google?

Comments

• Options
    I've seen things indexed in Google in a little less than 48 hours, and sometimes months later.

If it is initial indexing of the domain, it's anyone's guess as to when it gets in. Google might hit it several times before initially indexing it. Maybe to compare content, update frequency, and who know what else.

I have one site where Google has new content indexed in just under 48 hours, as I mentioned above, and another site that takes almost 3 weeks for updates/additions to be reflected. However, Google is crawling both daily. Essentially, Google does what it wants, when it wants, how it wants, and it's a big guessing game.

However, I would check the vanilla site's sitemap for errors to be safe. Then resubmit it if it isn't updated in the next week.
This discussion has been closed.