Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

The official I hate PCs discussion

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2006
    I was, am and will "generalize" the PC mentality, NOT PC users.

It's not my fault if PC users keep displaying the PC mentality.

Like all generalizations there are exceptions. I can think of 2 Mac users I deal with regularly who display the PC mentality. Mind you I don't think they use a Mac by choice, more by circumstance.

So if you use a PC and don't have the PC mentality, good for you. So can you see anything in my writings that makes sense? (Ignoring my writing "style" which apparently offends people who can't cope with it.)

You say: "You're right, your comments were general, but I think they were often a little too general."

What do you want, general or specific?

"Specific" offends.
    "Too General" is an oxymoron!
  • Options
    NickENickE New
    edited November 2006
    What do you want, general or specific?
    Well I think you're looking at the two extremes. It dosn't have to be either 'you' or 'everyone', in fact things are rarely that clear cut.

And yes, I can see where you're coming from one some points (eg. people using it just because everyone else does), but again that dosn't make it true for everyone.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I love it, I can just sit back and let it happen...

Newsflash: The Zune and Vista are not compatible!

We in Melbourne, Australia may be across the other side of the planet but news like this is precious. Sorry it's taken a while to post but I had to go change my underwear and wait for my eyes to dry so I could see the keyboard.

This is classic PC Mentality people, do you trust an OS maker that can make both components and have them not talk to each other?

What a farce, it's hilarious for me but it's sad to know that the lemmings and drones will overlook it, accept it as normal and wait for a fix.

Oh, my sides hurt so bad.

And before you suggest I made this up, do a Google on it, better yet...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft says Zune, Vista aren't compatible.
    By Troy Wolverton - Mercury News

Two of Microsoft's newest products don't play well together, a company representative acknowledged Wednesday.

The company's Zune music player, which debuted Tuesday, is incompatible with Windows Vista, the latest version of the company's flagship operating system.

Microsoft released Vista to personal-computer makers earlier this month and expects to have it available for large business customers by the end of the month. But consumers have been able to test out beta versions of the operating system for months now.

Zune users who try to install the music player's software on Vista will get a message saying that the operating system is "not supported.''
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Flagship" they say, sounds more like a sewage barge to me.
    (Oh wait, I just made my sides hurt again, oh the pain.)
  • Options
    TomTesterTomTester New
    edited November 2006
    SirNot... you're wasting your keyboard...

Can someone please enhance the 'block user' add-on so it actually blocks users from our (comment) view?
    At my old age (30+) there's little time left before I croak. I'd love to spend it more efficiently.
  • Options
    you're watching far too many movies mate. you're always so dramatic. or maybe you don't get out much? "Because I choose to stuff popular culture, I'm a snob." that's wrong. you're a snob, because of the way you tell people that you choose to stuff popular culture. "Because I encourage people to look for quality and discriminate, I'm offensive" surprise, wrong again. you're offensive because of the way you encourage people to look for quality and discriminate. see the pattern? you know, i'll be in melbourne for a few weeks next year, so how about let's not meet up, i'd rather have fun.
  • Options
    http://zedshaw.com/rants/apple_sux.html
  • Options
    Surprised, not, still we ignore the issue and shoot the messenger.

Sorry traveljunkie I know I promised you pretty icons in my messages, I forgot.
    (Being a PC user I didn't think it was that important for you :-)
  • Options
    Oh no! I'm 16 that means I'm a moron. Sorry I forgot that. I should include a disclaimer that I'm 16 in all my posts so that people release that they don't matter.
  • Options
    Sincere apologies c-unit you are right, I take back my "extension to force people to state their age" gag, it was unfair, especially since chronological age and moronic comments don't go hand in hand.

People's comments should be taken at face value without the prejudice of knowing their age, sex, creed, religion, colour...

However, I am happy to accept the "sage" tag personally pic
  • Options
    TomTesterTomTester New
    edited November 2006
    Young'uns... don't worry
    @mini: with such great taste in cars & women (though I prefer the quattroporte) you can't go wrong
    @c-unit: your design skillz far exceed thos of this here little company: http://www.infolink.net.au/site/ourwork.htm

I know I'm getting kinda personal here, but jeez 'W' if that is your work/company isn't it about
    time to stop dishing (and eating) your own bullcrap and ask the waitress for the "reality-check"?

That site/work seem living proof that 'owning a mac doth not a designer make' and there
    really is no benefit to concurrently running umpteen apps if the end result still resembles 1996
    state-of-the-art HTML.

You'd be the last person I'd ask to to teach (lecture) me on 'discriminating taste'... and now I'll
    take my own advice and just shut up too.
  • Options
    Hey TomTester, that's a hobby site I play with on the side, and yes, I never said I personally was a great designer, especially since much of the design is not mine but what the clients want.

It's targeted at very small businesses who want less "crap arty farty" (their words not mine) and a simple presence on the web because "these days it's expected".
  • Options
    Heh tom, unfortunately my car is poorly and the girl i like just got a boyfriend, but thanks anyway! Her loss not mine eh? :D

I must say that site is better than any i could design but that doesnt mean a great deal...
  • Options
    I'll post it again Wanderer because you didn't reply with anything to counter what I said. Instead I got a pithy reply which, to me, speaks volumes.
    You're right Wanderer, the same old bullshit keeps appearing as a comment from you. As I've said before, quite possibly more than once, I couldn't give a flying cunt hair what OS you use. What I do care about is your sweeping generalisations and complete, hypocritical, lack of respect for anybody who chooses to work differently from you. I choose to work with Windows because it works best for me. It makes sense for me. I just do things in it. Yeah, it's got a few problems but then so has OSX. You get the same same usage market for OSX and it'll suddenly look a whole less rosy than it does now. There'll be security alerts on par with the current microsoft ones. Viruses will rise up to the same level.
    Any chance of an actual reply to one of my posts?
  • Options
    @ Wallphone: That was an interesting read. Thanks.
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    edited November 2006
    http://zedshaw.com/rants/apple_sux.html - Since Wanderer missed it first time.
  • Options
    I somehow assume most people on forums are about mid-30s like myself, though I know this isn't true (and sometimes people prove that without being asked!). I will list another nice touch that is in the Mac OS and not Win XP. If you have a long url in the browser location field or other such, you can place the cursor at the beginning on the Mac and shift-down arrow to select the whole thing; or click and hold at the beginning and drag the mouse down. On Windows, you have to drag the full length of the field to select it all. Now there is command/control-A (select all) but the Mac provides an alternate way that works exceptionally well. I'm still waiting for that program that adds control-whatever to make a new folder on the Windows desktop... ;)
  • Options
    Create a new folder [MOUSE R], [W], [F] Really people, is a new folder shortcut really that fscking important? I would hate to imagine how many folders and shortcuts all of you have all over your desktops. Eeek.
  • Options
    FYI, triple clicking the URL bar invariably selects the whole thing. Or single clicking it infact.
  • Options
    Why all this fuss about new folder creation?
  • Options
    It's an important issue for those with nothing better to do.
This discussion has been closed.