Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Author's name not username

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Does anyone know of a way to make it so the poster's name (I am using the extended application form, so everyones name is out there somewhere...) is used instead of their username? I am a php noob so it is going to have to be either easy or dumbed down lol.

Comments

• http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/1567/display-full-name-instead-of-username-in-comments/#Item_0 I could of sworn there was another, more recent topic
  • isnt that a little old, and it doesnt really tell me how to do anything... remember I have no idea how to code at all
  • Where exactly do you want the author's name? A screen-print would be nice.
  • I just want it to display the author's name where the username in a post would usually be... or maybe in like the same font / area as the time tag after the username
  • I'm doing this as well -- but I just force my users to use "firstname lastname" as their actual username (If that makes sense!). Perhaps some sort of hack to the user registration page could achieve this, at least for new users. I.e. make users input firstname and lastname in two fields, and then have vanilla use that to create a user whose username "firstname lastname".
This discussion has been closed.