Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

make flash player page.

y2kbgy2kbg New
edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I want ot make a single page in pagemanager to handle all sorts of embedded stuff like .swf movies and games and flv movies. i want to call up the window and send some data via a link and have it load the page and display the correct swf or flv.

Comments

• Options
    i think i could use post data to sendi it but how would i code the reception page? use a switch?
  • Options
    Does anyone understand what I am trying to do?
  • Options
    Look for the ForceIncomingString() and ForceIncomingInt() functions, they will retrieve values from either GET or POST. And yes, you could use a switch, or even simpler, send the filename of the swf or flv you want to view, and the page simply links to that.
  • Options
    ok thanks i was kinda stumped there but slowy figuring it out
  • Options
    I hope you can figure it out this sounds like a neat mod, I might want to try it out when you're finished. :D
  • Options
    yea i have some other extensions that i made but i never got around to puting a user interface in them , i dont even know how to do that, i guess i could post them and just have the person edit the php file.
  • Options
    ait if i make a hyper link with the $_get in it that would be all i need on the html side right?
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Should be. Although you might want to put some checking into the php side of things to make sure people dont insert evil stuff in there by using their own variables in the url.
  • Options
    Can I create a page with flv outside of the forums and show this in the Pagemanager via iframe?
This discussion has been closed.