Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How could I create a custom sticky graphic?

Comments

• Options
    I'm using the default style, with colors changed.... I get no cute little bar... using the latest build of Vanilla http://www.dci.jamesmeister.com/forum/
  • Options
    Do you get cute bars on this installation?
  • Options
    nuthing changes unless I specify a word to display, then that gets put in front of the link to the discussion.
  • Options
    ok, nok, nevermind, for some reason it was quoted out of the CSS... it's there now.
  • Options
    how would one make the same thing for other forms of "denotation"?
  • Options
    That's what the rest of this discussion is about. As soon as we have, collectively, enough time to make graphics and write the css, you will see it in action!
  • Options
    I'm watching :D... I'm working on my own graphics :D
  • Options
    Woo Hoo. all seems to be working fine. I'll post up this mod along with my completed 'Basecamp' style interface at some point tonight.

• Options
    great stuart! i love the bages
  • Options
    Just made a new one, the text is a bit more readable. ( bored.36-degrees.co.uk ) just wondering whether its worth making similar ones for bookmarked, hidden, private, closed...
  • Options
    Luuurvely!
  • Options
    Ok, here goes - all work except hidden as there is no class for that, but hey, if its hidden, who needs it to looks pretty, right?

buttons

style is nearing release.
  • Options
    Wait, what? Saved? What's that? o.O
  • Options
    'bookmarked' wouldn't fit on the button :)
  • Options
    Ahaha
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I love that sticky button. When you post the code to achieve this, will you also post the graphic? It completely matches the theme of the site I'm working on. http://www.offpricenetwork.com/Vanilla Thanks! -TiffanyA
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    nice work stuart! was wondering... what is the exact remit for http://www.36-degrees.co.uk/vanilla/ ... a design forum in general... or more web specific... maybe you need a mission statement somewhere...
  • Options
    3Stripe: Its really for people who are interested in Standards, CSS all that old cobblers. Youre right, though - A ission statement, and a chance to use that sticky button is coming soon. TiffanyA: Im just about to post the release. and the buttons.
  • Options
    nice one stuart, i'm having fun learning css at the moment so might well see you in there sometime soon :-)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Stuart, the one thing that's not working with this is that you can't have multiple sticky/hidden/closed tags. Also, it doesn't appear to work if your dataitems have a set bg :| It's a nice start though. I presume a better way of pulling this off would be just defining the images themselves to combat this case.
This discussion has been closed.