Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Strange re-occuring error on my vanilla board

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi I am experiencing an error I haven't encountered until recently. (i've had the vanilla forum for a good 3-4 months now with no problems) Rarely when I try to log into my forum I get this error with a blank screen:

Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /imports/phpsessions) in /mounted-storage/home4/sub002/sc11923-BRUP/oga/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/People/People.Class.Authenticator.php on line 93

It doesn't do it all the time when I try to log in, but earlier I tried to update my home tab through the page management extension and when I click save after making the changes I get that same blank white screen with that error on it. This time it happened 4-5 times in a row before I finally gave up on updating my home tab... Anyone know what this error is talking about and how I can fix this?

Comments

• That's purely to do with your user session (shouldnt be connected with editing your home tab) - however the error itself seems to be having some sort of problem with the storage medium your forum is running on (which may be associated with your home tab because it might not be able to save some changes due to issues with storage) so I'd have a word with your host about it and see if they're having any problems.
  • oh ok so it's something to do with my host ok thanks.
This discussion has been closed.