Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to Import your Vanilla DB

edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am a novice, so keep that in mind. I have exported my db using phpmyadmin. I went to my new db and want to import it using phpmyadmin. Each time I do, I fails. I found where you select the file to upload, I select it and hit upload. It keeps popping up a "Insert data from a text file into the table" link in my window. I see the query run in the background and it says "No tables found in database." Any clear cut ways to fix this?

Comments

• when you exported it you must have checked "do not create tables".
  • Try installing Vanilla again using the new DB, and then importing the data via phpmyadmin.
  • I have a similar problem (I think).

I have a website, which includes a small Vanilla forum, running on free webspace that comes with my email account. My service provider is changing servers, and so is asking us all to copy our websites across to a new temporary URL, which will become the actual URL in a week. I have transferred the HTML pages and the Vanilla files OK, but the Vanilla database is causing me grief.

I exported the tables from the current, soon to be old, server using phpMyAdmin and the imported onto the new server. phpMyAdmin shows 18 LUM tables or arrays (or whatever they're called) are now imported, so I'm guessing the import has happened OK. But so far I still can't get it to run. Is there some pointer within Vanilla that needs to be reset to "see" the DB files which now have new username and passwords? Or, alternatively, do I need to reset my new username and password, which were system generated, to my former ones?

Thanks.
  • @ercatli
    Config file for Vanilla must reflect the Mysql server/database/user. So the temporary url can't run straight up. If Th migration process is designed to maintain all urls it will be ok at the moment of the migration is effective. If not you'll havo to edit configuration files.
  • Thanks. I think I should be able to sort it out, but I found one anomaly. My original Vanilla had a group of "database settings" (server, name, user and password) in the /config/settings.php file, but I changed to the digg theme a while back, and the same file doesn't have them there. Perhaps my old Vanilla was an older version, and it is Vanilla as a whole that has been changed rather than the digg theme. I'll search for where the relevant info is now. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.