Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Panel Lists missing "Take me to the last unread comment" functionality

StashStash
edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Panel Lists 1 by Mark is a fantastic extension that I use to, with bookmarks, to keep track of discussions here. I believe it is missing what I consider to be an essential feature.

Whenever I click on it from the "Bookmarks" in the control panel on the left I keep getting taken to the first page of this discussion. I have the "Take me to the last unread comment" option enabled in my preferences and I believe that this should affect how the Panel Lists links work.

Please could we have an update to Panel Lists to add this functionality as believe this is "expected behaviour"?

Comments

• edited February 2007
    Ditto. Its a little strange always expecting to be taken to the bottom, but when you use the panel it doesn't. Edit: Not a too hard change--look at themes/discussions.php and themes/discussion.php for the functions and preference used to build the URL.
  • edited February 2007
    Requires changing two lines:

Line 72:
    Change GetUrl($Context->Configuration, "comments.php", "", "DiscussionID", $Discussion->DiscussionID)
    to GetUnreadQuerystring($Discussion, $Context->Configuration, $Context->Session->User->Preference('JumpToLastReadComment'))

Line 106:
    Change GetUrl($Context->Configuration, "comments.php", "", "DiscussionID", $Discussion->DiscussionID), $Suffix
    to GetUnreadQuerystring($Discussion, $Context->Configuration, $Context->Session->User->Preference('JumpToLastReadComment'))

This apparently fixes a bug that keeps the discussion topic from appearing in the URL with friendly URLs.
  • Don't suppose you could increment the extension to 1.1 or something and update it on this site could you? It's here that I use it mainly :)

• 'Fraid only Mark (and maybe Mini) have that capability.

Would love it if Mark would use my permalink also... as I am sure the users here would appreciate it too. (V1.0 expected to be done this weekend)
  • Minisweeper/Mark, any chance of getting this extension updated with these changes? Pretty please :)
  • I could update the extension with the changes but I cant upload the new version to this site. I'll draw Marks attention to this if he's got a minute spare.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yeah - mini, go ahead and update the extension - I'll update the community with it once you're done.

Also, when wallphone's permalink is finished, I'll add that here too.
  • Thanks guys, that's really appreciated. Like I say, I really love the way the Panel Links extension lets you keep track of discussions you're involved in so this will make life at lussumo.com a lot more enjoyable for me :)
  • Hey guys sorry I'm a bit behind. I've updated the extension source. If someone would kindly check it out I'll send it over to Mark to update on here.
  • It works good on my forum. CommentLinks is ready too!
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've updated both - I'm not sure commentlinks is working properly, though.
  • StashStash
    edited February 2007
    The "Double click to copy" thing ain't working for me on this forum...

But the Panel Lists are working much better, thanks :)
  • Not working in Safari, the menu does not pop-up, a click simply reloads the page and takes you back to the comment.

Posted: Monday, 19 February 2007 at 9:43AM (AEDT)

• It was missing its javascript file, fixed in add-ons.
This discussion has been closed.