Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

whispering bug (?)

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
every whispered post is counted as a usual post....is that intended? combined with the invisibility to moderators and admins it is easy possible to spam whisperings and gain an infinite comment count....i did actually came across a user who abused that glitch... just wanted to ask if that was intended or will be changed or whatever :)

Comments

• whispers have been turned off on this forum i think
  • yeah and ill probably do that in my own forum too....but i really like the feature....its something that other forums dont have...
  • whispers can be made visible to different roles, so your moderators can see what's being said.
  • edited July 2005
    ooh ive just noticed that...thanks for the pointer :) and sorry for the fuzz i wrote
  • BenBen
    edited July 2005
    beeble
  • afaik whispers arent meant to count as posts anyway - or people who really cared could work out when they were going on.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    I think what ichigo is asking or pointing out really, is that the spam blocking isn't affecting whisper creation for him. Anyone care to double check and confirm?
  • oh. correct. i think.
  • someone post this on the bug wiki thingy?
  • i just tried it on my local install and i got spam blocked after 5 consecutive whispers
  • isnt it meant to happen quicker than that? even so i'm pretty sure they shouldnt count towards post counts?
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    I'm busy writing the installation guide to the wiki, jonezy, have a whack at it.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It should only be included in the comment count if the whisper is visible to you. If it is being counted and the whisper isn't visible, then that is a bug.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    what about the spammage count though?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The spam count is never displayed on any pages or included in any calculations *other* than some behind the scenes stuff.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    forget I said anything about the spam count, I did some testing the other day, and everything handles the way it should. Making whispers or a regular post, X after N ammount of time still counts the same.
This discussion has been closed.