Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changing category id to name

sjeepssjeeps
edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
My question is how to change the category id to category name instead? Example: www.xxxx.com/1/, www.xxxx.com/2/, etc. to look like this: www.xxxx.com/categories/categoryname/ Thanks.

Comments

• You need the friendly addons extension.
  • The Friendly URLs is what makes the example.com/1/ etc URLs. If you want them to be the category names instead of the IDs you need to edit the .htaccess file, and manually add the category name rewrites (for each category). I thought there was a comment somewhere here that described how to do it, but I can't find it, and I'm afraid I hardly know anything about mod_rewrite and can't help you myself.
  • Sorry I forgot to mention that I've the Friendly URLs extension running :) I don't know much about mod_rewrite either so I was wondering about where or what to edit in the .htaccess file. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.