Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

extensions help please

jsjs
edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am new to vanilla and downloaded and configured then continued to add extensions - which all showed up fine. I clicked each to enable (maybe I should have done this separately?) but then got the following messages and don't know how to correct and can't get any other screen on my forum. Help please. Thank you!! Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/webforum/extensions/zip2mail/Archive/Tar.php on line 21 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/www/webforum/extensions/zip2mail/Archive/Tar.php on line 21 Cheers, js

Comments

• Options
    Looks like your server doesnt have the PEAR library installed. You'd need to ask your host about that one.
  • Options
    I guess I should put a check in the zip2mail extension to verify PEAR is installed.
  • Options
    If you manage that, please let me know as I can then add that to the BBCodeParser extension as well. Would be nice for extensions requiring PEAR to put up a polite "This extension requires PEAR to be installed on your server and it appears not to be. Please contact your host regarding getting it installed and then re-enable this extension."

Don't suppose you could convince the extension to show that message once and then auto-disable the extension could you?
  • Options
    Thank you all. If I removed the zip2mail extension for now - would this solve the problem allowing the other extensions to work?
  • Options
    Yes, it will. I'm going to work on a fix as Stash indicated so that you exit gracefully if PEAR is not installed. I hope you will test it when it is ready.
  • Options
    After experimenting and researching php functions and constants and system variables, I added the following code to determine if I should "include" the Tar file:
    // check to see if PEAR is installed $x = get_include_path().DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR."PEAR.php"; $z = substr(strrchr($x,":"), 1); echo $x."***".$z."***"; if (file_exists($z)) { echo "PEAR exists ***"; include ('Archive/Tar.php'); }
    This assumes that the PEAR include path is the last one that the function get_include_path gets. That is probably a bad assumption, but on my server that is the case. This code does work for me on my live forum.

You could probably put the entire extension code inside this IF statement to only execute the extension code if this IF is true.

I'll be doing some more research on the paths.
  • Options
    Feel free to contact me directly on this one if I forget to check in on this development Jim ;) I'm very interested in this, but I have many, many things going around in my head at the moment.
  • Options
    on send notification and others discussions mails are not send i put right smtp host,user name and password but mails are not trigger i relies only PEAR MAIL functions are run please help me how i sort this problem and how send mail in vanila2 using PHP PEAR mail