Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Apply for membership

edited February 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I have configure my vanilla for an invite only access to membership. So I do not need to show that there is a form for registration. This is why I would like to modify the text "Apply for membership" and also the associate url link on the people.php page. How can I get that ? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    text strings are available in languages/english/definitions.php, as far as i remember, and you can edit any application text there.. at least this was the solution for a vanilla in russian... more experienced developers would of course provide a more accurate answer, but try that first...
  • Options
    Yeah - You need to find the associated text string in that file, then copy the whole line into conf/language.php (i thnk that's the file) and make your changes there - that way when you do an upgrade it wont get overwritten.
  • Options
    Ok. But how to change the associate url link ?
  • Options
    Yeah, how can i change the associate url link ?
  • Options
    Go into your themes folder, and copy people_signin_form_nopostback.php into the Vanilla folder. (This protects it from being overwritten by an update)

Go in that Vanilla folder and edit the bottom few lines of the file.