Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

latest comments in a category

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Anyone aware of an add-on that'll display on categories.php the latest post in each category and who posted it?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2007
    http://lussumo.com/community/search/?PostBackAction=Search&Keywords=cats%3AAdd-on+Requests%3B&Type=Comments If you click on the advanced search, you can see how to perform a search that does this. You can even use PageManager to create a tab with the search URL to load that search.
  • Options
    Thanks, but that's not really the direction I'm looking to go. I'm talking about the thing you see in most phpBB vBulletin etc. forums, where the list of categories displays who the last poster is in each category and which thread they posted in.

The 'last post' column in that screenshot, in other words.
  • Options
    i like your idea actually i just posted a topic about this but i am not sure if i got my idea through, but you posted a picture of it.. so that is cool
  • Options
    May I bump this request? I'm a new forum administrator since a few weeks. I setted this forum (using Vanilla of course) for a large spectre of people. Somes aren't familiar forum users. The main problem they have is they are confused by the non-classed discussion list. I told them to use the categories list, but they don't like it because there is no "unviewed: x" sentence. I feel as a such addon could really make the forum more friendly user.
This discussion has been closed.