Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

There was a problem authenticating your post information

edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Be gentle with me. I am a non-techie creating my first site. I know this has been addressed before. I read all of the previous discussions, but haven't found the answer. The problem only occurs when I click on the extensions I have installed- I get the dreaded message that says, "There was a problem authenticating your post information". The things I have tried to fix the problem include hard refresh, emptying the cache, using a different browser. None have worked. I uninstalled the styles and themes (No guarantee I did that properly, although the style seems to revert the way it should. The visit count appears to work properly. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? And give me a solution in a way that a non-techie can understand? All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2007
    1. check your theme:
    In your browser, on the extension page if you look in the source code for an extension checkbox, it should look like that:<input type="checkbox" name="chkLowCalVanilla" value="1" checked="checked" id="chkLowCalVanillaID" onclick=" SwitchExtension('/ajax/switchextension.php', 'LowCalVanilla', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');" />Check that last argument, a random string (here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) is present. If it is there is no problem with the theme.

2. check js/global.js:
    Still in your browser, open js/global.js, using the Web Developper toolbar (Information > View JavaScript) or browsing directly to http://your.site.com/path/to/forum/js/global.js, and look for the SwichExtension function. It should look like that:function SwitchExtension(AjaxUrl, ExtensionKey, PostBackKey) { var Item = document.getElementById(ExtensionKey); if (Item) Item.className = "Processing"; var Parameters = "ExtensionKey="+ExtensionKey+"&PostBackKey="+PostBackKey; var dm = new DataManager(); dm.Param = ExtensionKey; dm.RequestFailedEvent = SwitchExtensionResult; dm.RequestCompleteEvent = SwitchExtensionResult; dm.LoadData(AjaxUrl+"?"+Parameters); }

3. Check /ajax/switchextension.php
    It should look like that:include('../appg/settings.php'); include('../appg/init_ajax.php'); $PostBackKey = ForceIncomingString('PostBackKey', ''); $ExtensionKey = ForceIncomingString('ExtensionKey', ''); if ($PostBackKey != '' && $PostBackKey == $Context->Session->GetVariable('SessionPostBackKey', 'string')) { $ExtensionForm = $Context->ObjectFactory->CreateControl($Context, 'ExtensionForm'); if ($ExtensionForm->SwitchExtension($ExtensionKey)) { echo $ExtensionKey; } else { $Context->WarningCollector->WritePlain(); } } else { echo $Context->GetDefinition('ErrPostBackKeyInvalid'); } $Context->Unload();

4. Check the PostBackKey.

Add at the end of settings.php echo $Context->Session->GetVariable('SessionPostBackKey', 'string');. Then go to yoursite.com/path/to/forum/settings.php and reload the page 2 or 3 times and check the postback key doesn't change all time.
  • Options
    1. It looks like this doesn't have the string you mentioned. How do I fix it? <label for="chkFCKeditorID"><input type="checkbox" name="chkFCKeditor" value="1" id="chkFCKeditorID" onclick="SwitchExtension('/discussions/ajax/switchextension.php', 'FCKeditor');" /> FCKeditor</label> <span class="Version">2.5.4</span><span class="Author"><a href="http://myschizobuddy.com">Ziyad (MySchizoBuddy) Saeed, Dinoboff,</a></span><span class="AuthorUrl"><a href="http://www.fckeditor.net/download/">www.fckeditor.net/download</a></span> 2. function SwitchExtension(AjaxUrl, ExtensionKey, PostBackKey) { var Item = document.getElementById(ExtensionKey); if (Item) Item.className = "Processing"; var Parameters = "ExtensionKey="+ExtensionKey+"&PostBackKey="+PostBackKey; var dm = new DataManager(); dm.Param = ExtensionKey; dm.RequestFailedEvent = SwitchExtensionResult; dm.RequestCompleteEvent = SwitchExtensionResult; dm.LoadData(AjaxUrl+"?"+Parameters); 3. Where do I find /ajax/switchextensions.php? 4. What is a postback key? How do I add the text you are suggesting? If you haven't guessed this is all completely foreign to me. Once this is set up, will I be able to keep this forum running without having to know this level of detail? Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie.
  • Options
    In the folder "themes" reinstall settings_extensions.php.

Check that none of the folders inside the "themes" folder (e.g. /themes/vanilla/) contain a settings_extensions.php file.
  • Options
    Wow. That worked. I fixed the Internet. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.