Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vcal (Event calendar) Alpha screenshots

Comments

• Options
    Its a reoccurring event, with each event being at a different time. this is really hard to code
  • Options
    Hi!
    Set a single event that occurs over multiple days, but with different start and end times on the days.
    Do we realy need this? I think NO!

Perhabs this extensions should have extensions for it self, like "attachment" has?

Tschüss
    Tiggr (aka Marcus)
  • Options
    I agree, +1 for simplicity. Truthfully, in the core I would say date association with a Discussion is all we need. The rest could be added as needed.
  • Options
    Set a single event that occurs over multiple days, but with different start and end times on the days.
    I think that creating multiple events for each "seminar day" and grouping them together as a category would simulate the desired effect. This would be what I see categories used for as well.
  • Options
    grouping sounds good, should make a good extension to this extension. :)
  • Options
    I'm looking for real nice calendar month view themes. I have looked at 30boxes, google, Live calendar. if you know of a nice theme let me know. Oh by the way Theme form is also done. Allows you different theme choices for the calendar
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    An option to hide weekends (Saturday & Sunday) from display would be nice. My intended use does not require weekends and in fact would be best without them. I'm dealing with scenarios where there will be MANY events happening on each weekday, and hiding the weekends would enable me to display more information for the relevant days.
  • Options
    StashStash
    edited November 2007
    Tiggr said Do we realy need this? I think NO!

You might not, I do :P However, I like the idea of it being an additional extension (a la Attachments 2) and/or grouping a selection of events into one, err, group :) Both work for me. I know that not everyone will need this feature, but that's not a reason to dismiss it out of hand. After all, not everyone even needs an event calendar!
  • Options
    I am afraid that this will become too complex... thats what its starting to sound like :/

K.I.S.S.
  • Options
    Yes simple please otherwise it'll end up as a Microsoft solution and we know what that means!
  • Options
    This add-on is too desired to sit on the second page. :)
  • Options
    got ride of all advanced options. if you want you can add custom fields. EVEN LOCATION FIELD IS NOW GONE, cause for events like Album release their is no location, so its an optional field
  • Options
    nice!! I applaud your decision!
  • Options
    That's exactly what we need, and why we love vanilla!
  • Options
    [foaming at the mouth for this add on]
  • Options
    What about a "Copy this Event" function where the event author (or anyone if the author allows public copying of their event) can click the copy button on an event they created and a new create event form comes up with all the field populated from the copied event. Then the author can change whatever they want such as event times, dates, location, etc...
  • Options
    Some features I wouldn't mind seeing... and would be happy to throw in some cash to see them come to life. - Permanent Venue detail pages and select venue function when creating an event from a list of venues the user created and of venues the user selected as favorites. Filtering the list by create and favorite venues would make venue selection easier on sites with large venue lists. Upcoming.org and eventful.com have good examples of venue selection funcitons. - Event registration with comments and registration deadline date. - Payment for events through PayPal and possibly other payment services. An alternate payment idea I had was to have each event cost "action" points that users could purchase or earn in various ways by participating on the site such as Referring New Users, Posting Events, Posting Discussions, etc... - Event invitation to site users and by email to non-users. A invite from my gmail, yahoo, hotmail, addressbook function would be cool too.
  • Options
    this is looking super awesome. cant wait to try this out.
  • Options
    Nice work MySchizoBuddy! I've been out of the loop for awhile, but I'm extremely happy to see this extension almost finally available. :)

I have one question: I assume by adding an event a Discussion is automatically created under the Event Title. Is there a way to link an Event to a discussion already created? If not, that's okay I was just curious.

Also, where's your paypal donate MSB?
  • Options
    Is it in beta yet? ;)