Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Members Online Today

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
can we have a members online addon?

and u can chose where it will go
the bottom
the side panel
etc.

thanxz

Comments

• Search man!
  • i searched and i came right back to my topic
  • Try clicking here.
  • sorry that is nto wha i meant i have already looked through ALL the addons and downloaded almost all of them that is not what i said Members online today not users online ------ it gives a list of the users who have been online on that day the next day it starts from scratch this is not for vanilla, but for ipb http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/6977 but i thought maybe u would wanna see ^^
  • That's only a link to the plugin but shows no example of it in use. So, how is that different than the Vanilla add-on?
  • I assume rather than a rolling 24 hours it cuts the list each 00:00. You could easily modify the who's online extension to do so.
  • minsweeper, umm what i mean is ok i have the who is online then under it or at the bottom of the screen it will show who has been online that day until time 00:00 is that what u meant, too? jimw, oh sorry i thought it gave an description you want an example go here: http://www.shekaf.com at the bottom of the screen it will say who has been online it shows who has been online within the past 24 hours
  • Download Whos Online. Open default.php. Find: $s->AddWhere("u", "DateLastActive", "", "DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 5 MINUTE)", ">=", NULL, NULL, 0); and change it to: $s->AddWhere("u", "DateLastActive", "", "DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 1 DAY)", ">=", NULL, NULL, 0); save it. Upload it. Enable it.
  • oh umm does this list the ppl who have been online in the past day? or the ppl who have not signed out? cuz i want it to show the ppl online in the past 5 minutes as well as the ppl who have been online in the past 24 hours do i sound confusing? sorry
  • In that case, once you've made that edit, do a search and replace changing 'online' to 'online2' in the entire document. Save it and change the name of the folder (to Whos Online 2 ideally), upload it. You should find a Whos Online and a Whos Online 2 in your list of extensions. Enable them both. One will do 5 minutes the new one will do 24 hours.
  • oh wow cool thanxz so... once a person logs in even if they log out they will still remain on the whos online2?
  • edited November 2007
    yeah. I think so. Try it.
  • sweet i shall when i try it i will let u know thanxz
  • i just realized i don't think that would work because the users online counts 5 minutes from every time u r active on the site so changing it to 24 hours would not help me i need something that shows the members which have visited the website that day and it changes to 0 at 12 o clock
  • it did not work
    -------------------
    so anyone want to try to do this from scratch
    as in making a new extension
    see if you alter the one for the users online it makes it so that every time a person logs in, it has their user name up there for 24 hours after that
    but i want their user name to be up there until 24 o clock, then it starts from zero members online today.. and adds on again.. and if the member is anonymous.. their name does not show up on this list
This discussion has been closed.