Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

List of Members

Hi- I have 2 quick questions. Is there a way for me to see a list of members who have joined my forum? Second, I am going to make some of my members new moderators. How do I assign them to this role since I cannot find my member list? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    VazVaz New
    edited November 2007
    Click on the members name. You will now arrive on there profile. Now click change role (left panel). From here you can now change there role and set it to moderator.

Regarding the list of your members, you may want to see the following addon.

:)
  • Options
    Thank you Vaz for helping out a beginner! Appreciate it.
  • Options
    Shouldn't this Addon be a core feature?
    It's mighty handy for user administration, better than looking for the user in the discussion and then changing their role.
  • Options
    you can search for a user, so no, it doesn't need to be in the core.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Doing an empty search for a user will bring up a list of all users. (You can similarly search for all members of a given role.) It was my understanding that a member list---outside of the search function---was purposely left out. Just having the search function helps keep the core simple and small.

Besides Members Page (which Vaz mentioned), there's also the extension Members List (which I use). I will admit it's nice to have a separate members' list/page for administrative purposes, but hey, that's the kind of thing extensions are for.
This discussion has been closed.