Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installation problem with admin account

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I just installed the Vanilla forum software and everything seemed to go ok until I logged in as administrator. The login seems to work, i.e. the username and password are accepted, however the admin functionality is not there and in the upper right of the web page, it says "Not signed in (Sign In)." If I go and sign in again, I'm in the same state. I checked the database table "user" and the account has roleID = 4 which is for administrator. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If there is any other info that I can provide, let me know.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like your cookies aren't working properly. What did you set as the cookie path?
  • Options
    I went into the conf/settings.php file and reset the cookie_path to '/', but it did not help. However, in looking at the settings, it occurs to me that I should perhaps uninstall the forum for now. I'm redesigning a website for a client, and the new site is not yet up and running, i.e, the domain nameservers have not yet been transferred. So, I was trying to set up the forum using an alias for the directory and domain settings--probably not a good idea. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Hello, Was there any resolution for this issue? I'm experiencing the same issue... Thank you,
  • Options
    I think it was an incorrect cookie domain setting that caused the problem.
    Don't know the precise details, sorry, but there's a place to start your troubleshooting until someone dishes up the dirt.
  • Options
    re-install it, and be sure to get the cookie settings right
  • Options
    Thank you Wanderer and fysicluvr - I believe you are correct about the cookies because I since installed xampp and vanilla on my laptop and locally am able to see the settings tab and manipulate the settings with IE, but I experience the same issue using Opera that I had on my Ubuntu server that I was originally working on... So I'll investigate the cookies further. Thank you both for your replies.
This discussion has been closed.