Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can I collect additional information on the apply form?

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I just installed Vanilla for the first time, and everything seems to work. However, I need to collect more information from members on their application form. Is there an add-on for this? I searched the forum and found a similar question awhile back suggesting doing something similar to the Applicant Discover add-on. I tried this, but it did not work. I probably don't understand everything I need to do, other than change "Discovery" in the default.php and css file to something else. Are there other files that need to be changed? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited December 2007
    There is Extended Application Form add-on. There is also the Honeypot add-on.
  • I tried the Extended Application Form, and it works great - but it does not quite add all the information I'd like to collect. In addition to the name of the user, I'd like to collect a reason why they want an account on my forums. Just a simple textbox where they type in why they would like to join would be great. Additionally, the text they enter should be emailed to the admin or otherwise included in their account information somewhere so that an admin can review it before accepting their account request. Any ideas?
  • You must be thinking of ApplicantDiscovery. There are currently extensions that are able to add name, (ExtendedApplicationForm), "Why do you want to join this forum," (ApplicantDiscovery), and two types of captchas (traditional, (CAPTCHA) and Honeypot). Anything else would require a new extension to be created.
  • Ok. But how? :) I suppose FirstName and LastName to be default in User class. Extended Application Form just uses this fields. My question is: when I want to add for example ZIP code, should I make changes in User class and database or just try to use Attributes field?
This discussion has been closed.