Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Failed to read Extensions file.....

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi Guys, I am getting the following errors on my vanilla forum. I may or may not have inadvertently deleted some files i shouldnt have. what do you recommend i do? Some problems were encountered Failed to read the extensions file:/home/rescuera/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php And this at the top of the page: Warning: include(/home/rescuera/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rescuera/public_html/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 124 Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/rescuera/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rescuera/public_html/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 124

Comments

• Options
    Create a file named extensions.php in the conf folder with nothing but this inside it:<?php ?>

And then you should be set.

Apologies, it was my bad advice in your other thread :-/
  • Options
    Gday wallphone. Worked perfectly, thanks for the help mate!
  • Options
    This keeps happening to me. The conf/extensions.php file keeps getting blanked out and becomes unreadable. It's happened 3 times in the last week. I can provide a list of extensions I have installed if anyone wants to help. I can restore the copy of extensions.php that I had backed up, but it keeps happening, and I'd rather find out why than just keep fixing it.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Just happened again today, so I restored and empty copy of the file and re-enabled all my extensions. About 2-3 hours later, all my extensions were disabled again, except MooTools, and the following message is displayed at the top of every page in plain text: include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Mootools/appendix.php"); I can't enable any extensions anymore, not even Mootools.
  • Options
    This keeps happening to me too. I think that MooTools is the bad guy here. I can't enable any extensions at all any more, either.
  • Options
    Yea, I disabled MooTools and haven't had any problems since then.