Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Order by creation date/conversation ID

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
A simple thing - obviously threads by default are ordered by last active but I'd like to be able to sort them by creation date so that when a soap opera/e-drama unfolds on my forum I can see in what order event happened. Given that every day so fight starts off in there it would be very useful.

Also lots of people want to know about the early days of the forum so to see all those old thread in their proper order would be very nice

thanks

Comments

• I *think* this would be real easy. Just add a function to the DiscussionManager -> PostGetDiscussionBuilder delegate that adds an Order By DateCreated, desc.

That would display ALL threads (even searches) by the date created. You could get fancy and add a User Preference, or add a Panel link that triggers that the change, or add "if page" condition. It would all be real easy and short.
  • Try searching the addons site. There's one that does this. I think it's called the blog extension. Or chrono something.
This discussion has been closed.