Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem with "Check for Updates"

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
When I click on Updates & Reminders and then check for updates now you come to a page which is supposed to check all versions of vanilla and extensions. But this doesn't work, the "ajax wait animation" just goes round round round. I'm using vanilla 1.1.4

Comments

• Options
    I have the same issue. Do the "check for updates" scripts require any PHP settings or libraries to be enabled that are uncommon in a shared hosting environment? I had no trouble setting up Vanilla on my home server that has fairly open PHP configs and I don't remember this process taking more than a few seconds. Does Vanilla log this process anywhere that could help troubleshoot the issue?
  • Options
    Actually, I'm seeing "UpdateCheck is not defined" on my JavaScript error console. Are the paths to the JS functions borked in the Vanilla package I downloaded today?
  • Options
    SOLVED.

Sorry to keep self-replying, but maybe this helps someone else. My error was caused due to improper file permissions on the js directory. Once I set the appropriate perms for the js and ajax directories, the updater worked as expected.
    $ chmod 755 js ajax
    Apparently, my unzipping utility preserved the permissions more appropriately when I installed Vanilla the last time. something to keep in mind...
This discussion has been closed.