Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding Custom Header with Nuggets

edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Been trying to get a custom header on my Vanilla site. I read somewhere that using the Nuggets extension was the way to go, so I downloaded it. But it comes with no ReadMe file, so I didn't know how to proceed. Still, I did find the extension installation instructions below ... but they call for locating a "default.php" file but I can find none. Any suggestions? =================================== EXTENSION INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS =================================== In order for Vanilla to recognize an extension, it must be contained within its own directory within the extensions directory. So, once you have downloaded and unzipped the extension files, you can then place the folder containing the default.php file into your installation of Vanilla. The path to your extension's default.php file should look like this: /path/to/vanilla/extensions/this_extension_name/default.php Once this is complete, you can enable the extension through the "Manage Extensions" form on the settings tab in Vanilla.

Comments

• You install it the same way as any other extension. Unzip the Nuggets folder and place it (the "Nugget" folder) inside the extension folder. Vanilla will then auto recognize the extension, and you can enable it thru settings.php.

Once it's enabled, there should be a link on the settings page ("Manage Nuggets", maybe, I forget). You then click to "cook a Nugget" or something like that. You choose where you want to Nugget to be located, and choose a, err, priority number from -9 to 9. That number will determine the order the Nugget is rendered in relation to other objects in the same field.
  • It's possible with "Nuggets" plug-in, insert code in a custom div in a custom place of the template? For example i'd like to move the rss link with a bg image in the upper right corner of the site, as you can see in the image below: [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/o5as7c.png[/IMG] Many thanx