Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

database import

edited February 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
hi, i discovered vanilla some days ago and totaly love the concept. i run a realy well known german design comunity with something like a "application-only" concept, to sort out the kids. normaly my first choice was wbb (currently i use wbb3) but, how i said i realy like ur conecpt and it just fits 100% with my imagination of a perfect discussion board. now the question, is there ANY way to transfer the importent stuff from my wbb database (the users + the threads&comments) into vanilla? if yes i would use this software for my project, and build up on this in the future. more questions, and maybe some offers would follow ... but thats atm. the importent thing i have to know. maybe also someone is interested in develope this with me onto a new level etc. we will see ... regards, phil from www.colorbunch.com!

Comments

• Options
    It should be possible to write a one-time script that will transfer the data across. We'd need to know what your database scheme is like and maybe a few more pieces but in general, the main data should be transferable. You might have to set up roles and categories from scratch.
This discussion has been closed.